The answers on Hawramani.com are based on the research of Ikram Hawramani in the Quran, hadith, scholarly works and respected fatwa sources. You can
view Ikram Hawramani's credentials
on the about page. Please note that we do not issue fatwas, we only compile the opinions
of respected scholars (even when a fatwa is not explicitly cited) to make their opinions accessible to English-speaking Muslims. If an answer does not
cite fatwas, please feel free to leave a comment asking for a fatwa citation and we will update the answer as soon as possible to include fatwas.
What should one ask God for?
These are the things I ask God for daily:
- His easing and facilitating my doing of good and beneficial things.
- His putting His blessings (baraka) in my time and in my works.
- Freedom from need (poverty).
- His increasing my knowledge.
- His giving me and my family good in this life, in the next life, and His protection from the Hellfire.
And God knows best.