I am a writer and software engineer living in the United States.
I belong to the Hawrami minority of Western Iran, a mostly Sunni Muslim race who according to the Russian scholar Vladimir Minorsky probably came from the Caspian Sea area (Gilan province of Iran) and colonized part of the southern Zagros Mountains. We speak the Hawrami language, an Indo-European language with close affinity to ancient Persian.
Due to the fact that we have lived alongside Kurds for centuries, we are often categorized under the label “Kurd”, even though among Hawramis we use the label “Kurd” to refer to non-Hawrami non-Persians.
I grew up in the Iranian countryside and later in the city of Sulaimaniyyah in northern Iraq, until I moved to the United States.
These days I spend my time doing contract programming work, building websites of my own, and writing books.
- islamic-art-and-quotes, a tumblr blog where I post things I find inspiring.
- lisaan.net, the largest online Arabic dictionary on the internet.
- quranicnames.com, sahabanames.com, and asmaa.org, baby name websites.
- plattsdictionary.com, a Hindi-Urdu-English dictionary.
- islamicartdb.com and islamicquotesdb.com, databases of Islamic quotations and posters.
Below are pictures of the part of the world where I come from.