Bayda is also spelled Baydaa, Bayza, Bayzaa and Bayza’ among others.
The word Bayda is used in six places in the Quran, such as:
And press your hand to your side; it will come out white, without a blemish—another sign.3
45. They will be offered a cup of pure drink. 46. White; a delight to those who drink.4
There is one female Companion of the Prophet Muhammad named Bayda:
- al-Bayda Umm Suhail البيضاء أم سهيل
Below is the name Bayda written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Bayda written in Arabic kufi script:
- Academy of the Arabic Language in Cairo, al-Muʿjam al-Wasīṭ (1998), الْـبَيْضَاء.
- Al-Fayyūmī, Al-Miṣbāḥ al-Munīr fī Gharīb al-Sharḥ al-Kabīr (d. 1368 CE),
ب ي ض.
- The Quran, verse 20:22.
- The Quran, verses 37:45-46.