Azraq (transliteration: Azraq, Arabic: أزرق) is an Arabic name for boys that means “blue” (the color).1 It means “pure” when used to describe water.2 Azraq is also used with the meaning of “hawk”, “falcon” and “leopard”.34
There is one Companion of the Prophet Muhammad named Azraq:
- al-Azraq bin Uqbah الأزرق بن عقبة
Below is the name Azraq written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Azraq written in Arabic kufi script:
- Al-Ṣāḥib bin ʿAbbād, Al-Muḥīṭ fī l-Lugha (d. c. 995 CE), زرق.
- Al-Fayyūmī, Al-Miṣbāḥ al-Munīr fī Gharīb al-Sharḥ al-Kabīr (d. 1368 CE), زرق.
- Arabic-English Lexicon by Edward William Lane (d. 1876), زرق.
- Murtaḍa al-Zabīdī, Tāj al-ʿArūs fī Jawāhir al-Qamūs (d. 1790 CE), زرق.