Asalam alaykum I have not competed two days worth of prayers how do I seek forgiveness/ good deeds and rewards I'm fearful of the punishment I felt lazy them two days that I was staying at a friends house Am I able to make up for it 🙁 May Allah reward you
Alaikumassalam wa rahmatullah,
Ask for forgiveness and redo as much of the prayers as you can as soon as you can.
Think of God as a kind teacher who wants you to do what is best for yourself. He will not abandon you just because you’ve made a mistake or did wrong toward yourself. He is always ready to forgive you, as long as you do not rebel against Him, as long as you do not make sinning and disobedience a habit that encircles your life.
You will sin many more times throughout your life. What matters is to always return to God, instead of living in sin perpetually, risking the possibility that you may die without repenting.
53. Say, “O My servants who have transgressed against themselves: do not despair of God’s mercy, for God forgives all sins. He is indeed the Forgiver, the Clement.”
54. And turn to your Lord, and submit to Him, before the retribution comes upon you. Then you will not be helped.
55. And follow the best of what was revealed to you from your Lord, before the punishment comes upon you suddenly, while you are unaware.
56. So that a soul may not say, “How sorry I am, for having neglected my duty to God, and for having been of the scoffers.”
57. Or say, “Had God guided me; I would have been of the pious.”
58. Or say, when it sees the penalty, “If only I had another chance, I would be of the virtuous.”
59. Yes indeed! My Verses did come to you, but you called them lies, turned arrogant, and were of the faithless.[The Quran, verses 39:53-59]
Back to the question of not completing the 2 days worth of prayers am I able to pray now If so do I start with fajr and end at isha or start at isha then finish at fajr? May Allah reward you
There is difference among scholars on what is best to do in your case, since you intentionally stopped praying. As far as I know, there is no clear text (Quran or hadith) that deals with your specific case. Many scholars say the prayers should be redone, with the important exception of Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn Hazm and some of Imam al-Shafi`i’s followers, who say that when the prayer is abandoned intentionally, there is no need to redo them, that one should only repent and start praying again from that point on.
Personally I would redo the prayers, since it is only 2 days worth of prayers, just to be on the safe side. I would start from the earliest missed prayer to the latest.
If it had been many months worth of prayers, I wouldn’t redo them, I would do the sunnah prayers and pray tahajjud every night for months to make up for it.
Asalam alaykum I have not competed 13 days worth of prayers how do I seek forgiveness?……