Bayad (transliteration: Bayāḍ, Arabic: بياض) is an Arabic name for boys that means “whiteness”, “the color white”.123 It is used figuratively to refer to milk, and it is also the name of a type of fish from the Nile.45
Bayad is also spelled Bayaz, Bayaaz and Bayaad.
There is one Companion of the Prophet Muhammad named Bayaz:
- Bayad bin Suwaid بياض بن سويد
Below is the name Bayaz written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Bayaz written in Arabic kufi script:
- Academy of the Arabic Language in Cairo, al-Muʿjam al-Wasīṭ (1998), الْـبيَاض.
- Al-Tahānawī, Kashshāf Iṣṭilāḥāt al-Funūn wa-l-ʿUlūm (d. 1777 CE), الـبياض.
- Al-Rāghib al-Isfahānī, al-Mufradāt fī Gharīb al-Qurʾān (d. c. 1109 CE), بيض.
- Academy of the Arabic Language in Cairo, Ibid.
- Sultan Qaboos Encyclopedia of Arab Names (Sultan Qaboos University, 1985), بَيَاض.