Arwa is also spelled Arwaa and Arua.
There are five Sahabiyyat (female Companions of the Prophet Muhammad ) named Arwa:
- Arwaa bint Rabee`ah أروى بنت ربيعة
- Arwaa bint Abi al-Aas أروى بنت أبي العاص
- Arwaa bint Abdul Muttalib أروى بنت عبد المطّلب
- Arwaa bint Kraiz أروى بنت كريز
- Arwaa bint Unais أروى بنت أنيس
Below is the name Arwa written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Arwa written in Arabic kufi script:
- Al-Misbaah al-Muneer by al-Fayyumi (d. 1368 CE), entry for روي.
- Sultan Qaboos Encyclopedia of Arab Names, entry for لَارْوَى (which incidentally mentions the meaning of Arwa as “The female of al-waʿl, which means “ibex”).
- Al-Qamoos al-Muheet by Fairuzabadi (d. 1414 CE), entry for رَوِيَ.
Show your love and support: If you benefited from this article, please consider making a small donation to help us continue the work we do.