Aqra is also spelled as Aqraa.
There are five Companions of the Prophet Muhammad named Aqra:
- al-Aqra bin Habis الأقرع بن حابس
- al-Aqra bin Shufay al-Akki الأقرع بن شُفيّ العكيّ
- al-Aqra bin Abdullah al-Humairi الأقرع بن عبد الله الحميري
- al-Aqra al-Ghaffari الأقرع الغفاري
- Aqra (muezzin of Umar) أقرع مؤذن عمر
Below is the name Aqra written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Aqra written in Arabic kufi script:
- Al-Qamoos al-Muheet by Fairuzabadi (d. 1414 CE), entry for قرع.
- Taaj al-Aroos by Murtada al-Zabidi (d. 1790 CE), entry for قرع.
- Al-Nihaayah fi Ghareeb al-Hadeeth wal Athar by Abu Sa`aadaat Ibn al-Athir (d. 1210 CE), entry for قَرَعَ.
Show your love and support for our work by making a small donation today.