Amina was the name of the mother of Prophet Muhammad, . Her full name was Amina bint Wahb. There are also seven Companions of the Prophet with the name Amina:
- Amina bint al-Arqam آمنة بنت الأرقم
- Amina bint Khalaf آمنة بنت خلف
- Amina bint Ruqaish آمنة بنت رُقيش
- Amina bint Sa`d آمنة بنت سعد
- Amina bint Abi al-Salt آمنة بنت أبي الصَّلْت
- Amina bint Affan آمنة بنت عفان
- Amina bint Qais آمنة بنت قيس
The name Amina may also be spelled as Aamina, Aminah, Aaminah, Amena, Aamena, Amenah and Aamenah.
The name Amina is used in the Quran in verse 16:112:
And God cites the example of a town that was secure and peaceful, with its livelihood coming to it abundantly from every direction. But then it turned unappreciative of God’s blessings, so God made it taste the robe of hunger and fear, because of what they used to craft.
Below is the name Amina written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the same name written in Arabic ruʿqah script:
- Maqayees al-Lughah by Ibn Faris (d. 1004 CE), entry for أَمَنَ.
- Taj al-Lughah wa Sihaah al-Arabiyyah by al-Jawhari (d. 1003 CE), entry for أمن